Sunday, February 21, 2016

11-9-15
BAUTISMOS!!!!!!

Hola everyone! What a week. It's been nuts, really. 

We've been having a great time teaching people, we're getting better every day and it's great. The biggest thing this week was the baptisms of Luz y Salvador. They are great. Luz is about 56 and Salvador is 10. They both were so excited and just ready, and thank you so much for your prayers! They really needed them and they really helped. 

Saturday was NUTS. Turns out, we had an activity with select missionaras from the whole mission. And guess who was on that list of participants? We were! But we had two baptisms that day! So after a lot of planning and a lot of help from other, kind people, we were able to figure it out. The activity was REAL neat. They fed us (always a good thing) and then they gave each companionship one of two young women from the mission. They each had a name tag that said FUTURO MISSIONARA and then we went back to our areas and did divisions with them. It was super fun, I was with a girl named Nallely (Nahy-jelly) and she was the sweetest and was SO great. We had the priviledge of talking with a man who was VERY interested in telling us that we need to read the Qoran and that we need to study all the religions, as he had, so that we can know which one is true. It was... fun. But, let me just say that I am very greatful that we have a LOVING Heavenly Father. Can you imagine if that was His plan for us? That each of us needs to study ALL the religions to find out which one's divine and from Him? That would be LOCO! I wouldn't stand a chance. I am SO grateful for personal revelation, and the opportunity to talk to the direct source, God. and get an answer, so everyone has the opportunity to get the correct answer with whatever resources we have. 

The baptisms were great. (I forgot to bring my camera with me, so I'll have to send those next week). Luz and Salvador couldn't be happier. They were the sweetest, the Spirit was there. And Luz shared her testimony, too. That was reall, really something. She has a great testimony of this Gospel. Her husband told her that if she was baptised, he'd divorce her. When Hermana Del Rosario and I heard this, we hurried and called her to ask her about her baptism, and if she was going to be here on Saturday (she was out with her husband that week) and she said (but in Spanish) 'Of course I'm going to be here. I'm getting baptised on Saturday!' Oh, how our hearts jumped for joy. What faith she has. She's the bomb. Saturday was a good day. =)

Today we had changes and I am no longer with Hermana Del Rosario. I'm super going to miss her, she's a great person and has an amazingly good heart. But I'm very excited to be with my new companion! Hermana Garcia! She's from the same generation of Missionaries as Hna. Del Rosario, and was her companion in the CCM! So, super chill! She's very good at Spanish, (she's from here. You know, Mexico) and I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot. She's a hard worker. 

That was my week! I'll try to remember to bring my camera this next week! I love you all! 

--Hermana Larsen


Oh! I forgot!

One more thing I want to share with you all! This week was great aaand...

I sat on a cactus. And it was about as fun as you would expect it to be (which is super fun, right?!). and all I have to say about it is #Mexicoprobs. 

I love you all! Happy week! 

--Hermana Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment