Sunday, February 21, 2016

12-14-15
Temple Dedication!

This week was pretty sweet. We have some great investigators, and lots of wonderful members. We have a ward Christmas party this Wednesday and I was asked to direct the choir, so I started doing that this week.
My birthday was on Monday, and it was really fun! I'm very, very, very blessed. My sweet companion practically told the world, so there were 3 sweet members with surprises waiting for me when I went to their houses. It was a lot of delicious cake. Also, they have a tradition here that you have to, with only your face, take a bite of the cake, and then usually someone shoves your face in the cake (I can hear my Mom's voice describing how bad of an idea this is) and then as much cake as your face touched, you get to eat! So that's fun. And happened twice to me this week. Haha ah well. It was all delicious. And very sweet. Also, my companion left me a surprise for when I woke up in the morning. I forgot to take a pic, but I'll try to remember to send y'all one this next week.
Sunday was the temple dedication, and Saturday was the cultural event for the temple in Tijuana. We brought investigators to the cultural event, so we got to go, and it was really fun and just a sweet ward get-together. I really love the people here. They are very helpful and very sweet and I am so blessed to know them. I wish you all could come and get to know them too, but I guess I'll just have to do it for the load of us for now.
The temple dedication was really special. President Uchtdorf dedicated the temple, and Elder Oaks presided. The new temple President is the grandson of Gordon B. Hinckley, and it was really jsut so special. Please look up pictures, it is gorgeous!
Also, can I just say that you all had better be going to the temple? I can because of mission rules here, so I need you all to go for me. I miss it so much and I really can see the blessings from it. In the temple, our minds aren't clouded from the world. It's such a beautiful place to help us put things in perspective and help us to have strong family relations. And I'm not just talking about a sealing. Please, go to the temple. You are all so blessed to have the opportunity. And if you do not have a temple recommend, or do not qualify for one, there is no more important goal for you to have than to obtain a temple recommend. There are blessings waiting for you at the temple. Please make it a priority.
I love you all so so much. Please have the best of days, and maybe take some people with you on the way to the temple! Happy Monday!
Love,
Hermana Larsen 











Practicing my dope Mexican cooking-skills.



No comments:

Post a Comment