Sunday, March 27, 2016

3-21-16
A morning with Elder Cook.

So... this week had the best highlight of all the highlights which was that we had a conference with Elder Cook!!!! Like, the APOSTLE, Elder Cook! Like, one of the very few SPECIAL WITNESSES OF OUR SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST HERE ON THE EARTH. Man, it was really special. I'm going to remember it forever, and part of that is because the Spirit was testifying so strongly. What. a. day. It really was beautiful. Because our area is the furthest from President's Stake Center, and where we were going, we had to wake up super early to get over there. I woke up at 3:30, we'd "showered" the day before (we hadn't had water for like, 2 or 3 days. So we had to do a baby-wipe shower, and then wash our hair in the purified water that we have to buy seperately. It was SUUUPER expensive to do that... used about half of our 20 liter container... but our hair was greasy, and Elder Cook is an Apostle. We'll just buy more water later. It's fine.). We woke up suuuper early, and got ready, and headed over to the Stake Center in our area to meet up with our zone and head over to the Conference. We had the be there at 5, or we were told they'd leave without us, so we took a taxi to be on time, got there, and... nobody was there. And SOOOMEBODY (it was me. My poor companion had to endure a trial of patience, bless her heart) forgot the cell phone in a church building the day before... so we didn't have a phone, and it was dark... and alone. Our taxi driver was worried about us, so he stayed to see us off okay, and he let us use his phone to call the Elders. We only had the number of one of the two... so we called and called until he answered and said they were on there way. Pretty soon, everyone started showing up and everything turned out okay. But just a little moment of panic there, that's all. We headed over to the Stake Center in President's ward, had breakfast, and then waited until Elder Cook came! He took a picture with us, and then each of us got to shake his hand, his wife's hand, President Valensuela's hand, his wife's hand, and another 70's hand, and it was all just wonderful. We then had a special conference with ONLY OUR MISSION with ELDER COOK. It was amazing. I forgot to bring my notes, so I'll try to remember them for next time, but, really. It was incredible. I testify that without a doubt, Elder Cook is an Apostle of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He spoke with such authority, and the Spirit was testifying to my heart and mind so stronly of his legitimacy as an Apostle of the Lord, that I cannot deny, even more a minute, the truthfullness of this church, and the holiness of his calling. I loved every minute. He answered questions I've had for a while, perfectly, and I don't think my Spirit's ever been happier. This church is true. I am a set-apart, by proper authority, as a representative of Christ's true and only church here on the earth today, and I am so blessed to have so sacred and marvelous a calling. God lives. Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of all minkind, of each one of us, and there is always hope for those who desire to come unto Him. He loves us dearly, He knows us well, and I love Him, and am ever grateful and humbled to be loved by Him. I testify of these things in His name, even Jesus Christ, amen. 

I invite all of you to check out the new video the chruch has released for Easter. It isn't very long, but it speaks truth, and it invites the Spirit. Also, I invite you all to watch the General Conference that's coming up in April. These are the words from God's true and authorized prophets here on the earth. It really is a commandment for us to follow the words of the Lord's servants, His profets, and I promise you, your life will be better, you will be closer to God, because of it. I love you all. Have a wonderful week. 

La iglesia es verdadera, y les amo,

--Hermana Larsen



Me and Hermana Garcia


No comments:

Post a Comment