Monday, August 8, 2016

8-8-16
Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven

Hello all. =) Hope you enjoyed your week. I did, but I'm glad I finished it. haha It was a week where I know that God was trying my faith. But, if we pass the trials of our faith, miracles happen, so that's what I'm hoping for! 

This week, we were teaching a Christian who does not believe that we are all God's children, that we're all just His creation, and that's why bad things happen to people, it's because He only loves those who have accepted Christ in their hearts. He also believes that the Fall of Adam and Eve was a big mistake, and thanks to them, we're here and we suffer, and if they hadn't eaten the forbidden fruit, we'd all be living there, in the Garden of Eden enjoying ourselves, without any need to suffer. 

It made me so sad to hear him share all of this. We had studied, and brought with us scriptures to help him to know that the Fall was part of the plan, and that God is our loving Heavenly Father, but he didn't want t hear any of it. I pray that one day he'll be willing to hear this message, but as for today, I would like to share my testimony on the matter. 

I know that God is my loving Heavenly Father. As my Father, He knows and loves me and each of His children. I believe that my earthly father's example of love and kindness has helped me to understand this point better. 
Evidence of God's love for His children is all around us, but especially in the fact that we are here, and learning and progressing, with these amazing bodies, and that gave His only begotten Son, to die for us, so that we can return to live with Him again some day. 
I am so grateful for the Fall, and for the effect that it has had in my life, because thanks to it, I can be here on earth, in this trial-stage, where I can be part of a family, I can learn about my Heavenly Father, I can learn and grow, and that I can use the Atonement in my life, and repent. I know that repentance is essencial for salvation, and for happiness and peace. I testify of all these things, that they are true, in the sacred name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, amen. 

Sure love you. =) Have a great week. Thanks for all of your love, support and prayers! 

--Hna. Larsen 




No comments:

Post a Comment