Monday, October 17, 2016

October 17, 2016
TEMPLE WEEK!!

Hola everyone! I hope you all had an AMAZING week! I sure did! Because this week waaaas...

TEMPLE WEEK!!!!
This was the first time I could go to the temple my whole mission! And I LOVED IT! Before we went, we had a devotional with President and Sister De Leon, where President talked about the Bible story where the woman who had the blood problem had the faith to be healed just by touching the hem of Christ's robe. He told us about what it was that healed her, and not all of the other people in the crowd, who were also touching Him. Her faith. He then went on to let us know that that's how the temple can be for us. It is not the place to go to repent, we should do that before we enter, but he told us that, if we prepare, if we enter worthily, and if we have that faith, the temple can heal us too. I really felt that this last week. The temple has an amazing way of helping us to see the world clearly. The things that don't actually matter flee from our minds, so we can feel the peace of the Lord. "La paz os dejo, mi paz os doy; yo no os la doy como el mundo la da. No se turbe vuestro corazón ni tenga miedo." Juan 14:27. I love the temple. It is the most important goal that one can have to be worthy to enter to that sacred place. And it's possible for everyone. We are all invited to strive to live worthily to enter into the Lord's House.
I also had the wonderful opportunity this week to go to the temple's visitor's center on Saturday with Maria Dolores and her two ferternal twins, Angel and David. It was very very special. We got to learn about what people do in the temple, how families can be together forever, and we watched the Joseph Smith movie. I love that depiction of the prophet, Joseph Smith. My companion was telling me, afterwards as we talked about the movie, about how Joseph Smith showed through his actions, how good, and kind and thoughtful of a person he is (Mat. 7:16). How much he really loved people. And then, knowing how loving of a person he was, could anyone really believe, that he would allow all of his familiy, friends, and loved ones suffer for a cause that wasn't true? I know that he stuck to it because he knew of it's truthfulness. He really did see God the Father and Jesus Christ in the sacred grove. I know because I have felt it testified to me through the Holy Ghost after studying and pondering it out in my mind. (Mat. 16:13-17) I love you all. And I know that these things are true, and if any of you reading this haven't come to know of it's truthfulness, or if you have any doubts, or even if it's just been a while, I invite you to read the fruits of the prophet Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and then ask God the Eternal Father in the name of Jesus Christ if these things are not true. I know that if you do so with a sincere heart, with real intent, and having faith in Christ, God will reveal the truthfulness of these things to you through the Holy Ghost. (Moroni 10:3-5). I testify of the truthfulness of these things in Christ's name, amen.
I love you all. =) Enjoy your wonderful new week.
--Hna. Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment