Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2, 2017
La última llamada

Hey all! Hope that you all enjoyed your Christmas and New Year's! I know I did! This week has been AMAZING! Very emotional for me. 

Seeing as I've returned TO ONE OF MY OLD AREAS, it's been SOOO great to see the converts and the members that I came to love so much again. I still haven't seen the Bishop, seeing as he and his family are away on vacations, so I'm excited to see them again this next week. 

It's kind of awesome being able to have changes, go to a different area, and already know where everything is. I feel like the Lord wanted to make sure that I didn't have any excuses not to give my ALL this last change! 

I want to share with you all something amazing that happened this week:

My companion and I, Hna. Gomez, were contacting and looking for people that we have the addresses of, and a yound woman passed by us. I didn't think much of it, I took note of her, but I felt like we were in a hurry, and that was that. Later, that same day, I saw her again. And I have a rule that if I see someone twice, I NEED to contact them! God's trying to tell me something! So I went up and we presented ourselves to her. She seemed pretty rebellious, so she took me for surprise when she accepted that we visit her the next day. We took down her information and continued the day. 

The next day, some plans had fallen through, we were running a little late and decided to call this contact to see if she really was going to be home, or to confirm the appointment. She didn't answer. We couldn't get through, and my companion mentioned that she probably isn't home, or that she probably gave us a bad number (or that she lied to us about her number), but I remembered her reaction, in letting us visit her, and I said "Let's just check and see". So we went over to the cul-de-sac type place where she lives. Here, those cul-de-sacs are called "privadas" and they're usually locked at the entrance. Which can make proselyting a little harder. So we got to her privada, and it was open! So we were passing in the entrance as some youths and an adult were leaving, it sounded like the adult and one of the young women were arguing. My companion said, "wait!" is that her? I stopped, looked back, and noticed, why yes. Our appointment was leaving with her friends! And actually, she was the one arguing with her dad! She ended up leaving, promising that this time she was going to get back early, and on-time, and her dad, started heading back to the house, with a face of obvious concern and frustration for and with his daughter. So we contacted him. We let him know who we are, and that we had talked with his daughter just the other day. The mom came out, we talked a little bit, and they invited us into their home. While there, they explained to us the concern and worry that they feel for their daughter who has, little by little, been getting further and further from them, and from what they know is correct. We assured them that God loves them, and that through their efforts, they can see many good changes in their family. That as they come closer to God, He will help them, even with this big trial that they are facing. At the end, they thanked us, we put an appointment down where we can pass by with the whole family, united, and they let us know that they are so grateful, and that they know that we were sent by God just when they needed us. That with us came a great feeling of peace and calmness. We ended with a prayer, and left. 


That was SUCH an amazing experience. I am so grateful to be an instrument in the Lord's hands out here in México. Please pray for this family! And for my companion and I so that we can follow the Spirit's promptings to help this family! I love you all! Have a great week and a great 2017! 

Love,

Hna. Larsen  


No comments:

Post a Comment